1. The Palaeolithic Period is sometimes called the Old Stone Age.
2. If the Palaeolithic stone axe is immediately succeeded in a section by a plastic bucket, then we must suspect a gap.
3. Although the paintings are genuinely of Palaeolithic age, they do not represent penguins.
4. Late Palaeolithic females in southern Europe and Africa could forage for food and feed themselves and their infants, with males occasionally supplementing their diet with meat.
5. People have been eating mushrooms since Palaeolithic times.
6. Our palaeolithic ancestors consumed around 100 g of fibre per day.
7. Researchers generally assume Palaeolithic European human diets consisted almost entirely of animal protein and fat, with rare plant consumption.
8. The discovery of Xishuidong Palaeolithic Site proved firstly that the Qinling Mountains in Palaeolithic period was the place where mankind lived.
9. Palaeolithic remains are identified in the fourth layer of the Southern zone.
10. Fire has been among humans since lower Palaeolithic times ( 5 million - 100, 000 years ago).
11. Well-adapted to the cold climate of palaeolithic Europe and western Asia, neanderthals appear to have been the dominant hominid in the region until the emergence of anatomically modern humans.
12. Version 1 of Rescalc has been around for some years and is today regarded as rather palaeolithic.
13. As prehistory, these are typically based on sequences ranging from palaeolithic stone axes through bronze age pottery to iron age swords.
14. As a whole, the age of the stone artifacts from Donghai maybe provisionally regarded as late Palaeolithic or later.