اسم ( noun )
• (1) تعریف: foreseeable possibility; expectation.
• مترادف: anticipation, chance, expectation, outlook, possibility
• مشابه: future, hope, idea, likelihood, notion, probability
- The prospect of losing his business frightened him.
- She was thrilled by the prospect of joining the expedition.
• (2) تعریف: (usu. pl.) probability of success or profit.
• مترادف: expectation, possibility
• مشابه: future, hope, outlook, promise
- The company's prospects look good this year.
• (3) تعریف: a possible client, customer, or candidate.
• مشابه: candidate, client, customer
- The con man thought he'd found a good prospect for his scheme.
- The audition turned up a few prospects for the lead role.
• (4) تعریف: a view of a landscape, esp. as seen from a particular point.
• مترادف: outlook, view, vista
• مشابه: aspect, landscape, panorama, perspective, scene, scenery
- The top of that hill offers a fine prospect of the surrounding countryside.
فعل گذرا و ( transitive verb, intransitive verb )
حالات: prospects, prospecting, prospected
مشتقات: prospector (n.)
• : تعریف: to search (an area) for minerals, esp. precious metals.
• مشابه: explore, mine, search
- Thousands of people prospected the rivers of California for gold in the 1850s.