• one who receives therapy or treatment (medical, psychiatric, etc.)
• tolerant, forbearing, long-suffering
• if you are patient, you are able to stay calm and not get annoyed, for example when you are waiting for something.
• a patient is a person who is receiving medical treatment, or who is registered with a particular doctor.
• one who is treated at a hospital but not hospitalized overnight
• person who is sick with heart disease
• hospital patient who is in very bad health, severely injured patient
• elderly patient
• an in-patient is someone who stays in hospital while they receive treatment.
• person who is being treated for a mental illness
• an out-patient is someone who receives treatment at a hospital but does not stay there overnight.
• one who cannot be cured of his illness, one who is sick with an illness that has no cure as of yet
the english patient
• novel by michael ondaatje; 1996 film directed by anthony minghella (starring ralph fiennes, kristin scott thomas, juliette binoche, and willem dafoe)