اسم ( noun )
• (1) تعریف: the top part of a mountain that tapers to a point, or such a mountain itself.
• مترادف: crest, mountaintop, pinnacle, summit
• مشابه: apex, height, mountain, prominence, tor, vertex
- When they reached the peak of the mountain, they planted a flag.
- The Himalayas contain the highest peaks in the world.
• (2) تعریف: the protruding bill of a cap; visor.
• مترادف: bill, visor
• مشابه: brim, flap, sunshade
- As a greeting, he touched his hand to the peak of his cap.
• (3) تعریف: the point of highest intensity, achievement, value, position, or the like.
• مترادف: acme, apex, climax, crest, culmination, ne plus ultra, pinnacle, summit, zenith
• مشابه: apogee, best, flood tide, flower, height, heyday, maximum, meridian, pitch, prime, top, ultimate
- That day saw a surprising stock market peak.
- She is at the peak of her development as a singer.
- We were lucky to sell our house when prices were at their peak.
• (4) تعریف: any tapering, pointed protuberance or projection.
• مترادف: cusp, point, tip
• مشابه: beak, crest, prominence, protrusion, spire
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
حالات: peaks, peaking, peaked
• (1) تعریف: to reach a point of highest intensity, achievement, value, placement, or the like.
• مترادف: climax, crest, culminate
- The company's earnings peaked in 1986.
• (2) تعریف: to rise or protrude in a point.
• مترادف: jut, spire
• مشابه: beetle, project, protrude, rise, tower
صفت ( adjective )
مشتقات: peaklike (adj.)
• : تعریف: at or near a maximum level.
• مترادف: maximum, nth, supreme, utmost
• مشابه: extreme, fine, great, high, prime, top, ultimate
- He raced at peak speed today.
- They succeeded by putting in their peak effort.