اسم ( noun )
• (1) تعریف: a person of the same rank, status, age group, ability, or the like as another person.
• مترادف: coequal, compeer, counterpart, equal, fellow
• مشابه: associate, colleague, confrere, contemporary, coordinate, match, rival
- As a playwright of the twentieth century, he had no peer.
- He was a lonely boy who had trouble getting along with his peers.
- The research study will be reviewed by peers.
• (2) تعریف: a person of noble rank, esp. a member of the British peerage, such as a duke, viscount, or baron.
• مترادف: aristocrat, blue blood, noble
• مشابه: baron, count, don, duchess, duke, earl, gentleman, grandee, hidalgo, lady, lord, marquis, nobleman, noblewoman, seigneur, viscount
- He was made a peer by the king for his service to the crown.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
حالات: peers, peering, peered
مشتقات: peeringly (adv.)
• (1) تعریف: to look closely, searchingly, or with difficulty.
• مترادف: gaze, stare
• مشابه: gawk, peep, pry, search, squint
- The passengers peered anxiously into the thick fog.
- He peered at her, hoping for any sign that she recognized him.
• (2) تعریف: to appear to a slight degree; peep.
• مترادف: peek, peep
• مشابه: appear, emerge
- The moon peered through the thick branches.