• acting, performing on stage
playing a practical joke
• making mischief, pulling a prank
• playing cards are thin pieces of card with numbers and pictures on them that are used to play various games.
• cards used in card games (such as poker, bridge, etc.)
• a playing field is a large area of grass where people play games such as hockey and football.
• you talk about a level playing field when you want to refer to a situation that is fair, because the opponents in it have equal advantages.
• playing tricks, acting in a mischievous manner
playing the flute
• making music with a flute
playing the fool
• acting stupidly, behaving foolishly
playing the violin
• making music on a violin
• taking part in a game or sport with; trifling with, teasing
playing with fire
• putting oneself in danger, being bold, tempting fate
• recording that makes 33 turns per second, long recording
• making music on a piano
• playing parts, pretending to be on different sides of a conflict
• role-playing is the act of imitating the character and behaviour of a type of person who is very different from yourself, either deliberately, for example as a training exercise, or without knowing it.