• total number of people living in an area
• the population of a place is all the people who live in it.
• you also use population to refer to all the people or animals of a particular type in a place.
• term which describes the number of people in relation to a unit of populated area
• scattering of a population by settling border towns
• exaggerated increase of residents to such a degree that there is not enough food and living area for everyone
• survey of the population, referendum
• formal listing of the people of a nation, list of residents
population registry office
• government office which handles resident registrations
• older people in a population
• depressed sub-population, underdeveloped part of society
exchange of population
• substitution of one population with another
• if a country or a city has a floating population, people are constantly arriving, leaving and changing address.
low income population
• section of the population that earns low wages
• population composed of different religious or racial groups
needy population• population that does not have a sufficient amount of a particular resource (suc ...