• possibility; ability; capability of being; possible energy (electricity)
• possible, capable of becoming, able to be
• you use potential to describe something as capable of becoming a particular kind of thing.
• if something has potential, it is capable of being useful or successful in the future.
• if something has a particular potential, it is possible that it may develop in the way mentioned.
• your potential is the range of abilities which you have, even if you are not actually using them.
• difference in electrical tension between two points (electricity)
• maximum possible profit, amount of profit that could be earned in the future
• people or groups that are likely to become enemies, possible foes
• energy present in a resting body (physics)
• someone who is likely to commit murder, possible killer
brimming with potential
• having a lot of potential, having many unrefined skills, having capabilities which have not been put to use
• likelihood of future profits
• possibilities for improvement and growth
• potential which is not used, capability that exists and is not put to use