• stinging, piercing, stabbing; full of difficulties, tricky
• a prickly plant has a lot of sharp points sticking out from it.
• someone who is prickly loses their temper very easily.
• skin disease which causes itching and inflammation
• prickly heat is a condition caused by very hot weather, in which your skin becomes hot and itchy and is covered with lots of tiny bumps.
• prickly pear-shaped fruit of a kind of cactus
• a prickly pear is a kind of cactus that has round fruit with prickles on; also used of the fruit itself, which you can eat.