• imprison, put in prison, incarcerate, jail, detain
• jail, penitentiary, location where convicted criminals and people awaiting trial are confined
• a prison is a building where criminals are kept.
• institution that determines the system for jails in a state
• convict, prisoner, person convicted of a crime who is serving time in prison
• a prison camp is a guarded camp where prisoners of war or political prisoners are kept.
• holding cell in jail
• jail term, punishment that must be served in a penitentiary
prison service commissioner
• high official in charge of the prison service
• amount of time a person is to be imprisoned
be released from prison
• get out of prison, be set free from jail
be thrown into prison
• be incarcerated, be imprisoned, be detained
commit to prison
• send to jail
maximum security prison
• extremely well guarded prison
• restriction of a prisoner's freedom to move about by requiring him to occasionally be present at a certain location
• an open prison is a prison where the prisoners are allowed to do more activities and to have a greater degree of freedom than in other prisons.
shut a person in prison• impris ...