فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: probes, probing, probed
• (1) تعریف: to delve into deeply or thoroughly.
• مترادف: delve into, examine, explore, investigate, plumb, scrutinize
• مشابه: inspect, penetrate, sound out
- Her question probed my thinking on the matter.
- This is one news program that really probes the issues.
• (2) تعریف: to examine or investigate with, or as if with, a probe.
• مترادف: examine, explore, investigate, prod
• مشابه: hunt, inspect, penetrate, plumb, poke, rummage, search, test
- The doctor probed my ear.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
• : تعریف: to make an examination or investigation with, or as if with, a probe; search deeply.
• مترادف: delve, explore, search
• مشابه: hunt, inquire, investigate, penetrate, quest, question, rummage, seek, sift, sound
- They may probe, but they will discover nothing.
اسم ( noun )
مشتقات: probeable (adj.), prober (n.)
• (1) تعریف: an instrument used to explore the depth, shape, or condition of something that cannot be viewed directly, esp. a thin surgical instrument used to examine a wound or body cavity.
• مترادف: sound
• مشابه: instrument
- The doctor used a probe to examine the woman's throat.
• (2) تعریف: the act or an instance of examining or investigating, esp. in search of evidence of crimes, wrongdoing by officials, or the like.
• مترادف: examination, inquiry, investigation, scrutiny
• مشابه: exploration, hunt, inquest, inspection, quest, research, review, search, study
- The FBI's probe into the affair has turned up nothing so far.
• (3) تعریف: any of various devices used to reach, extend, or explore into areas of difficult access, usu. to provide information or to aid in regulating some process.
• مشابه: feeler, satellite, tester
- The ship sent out a probe to collect rock samples.