1. regressive taxes
2. A regressive tax, like the poll tax, takes proportionately more of a poor person's income.
3. The policy has been condemned as a regressive step.
4. This regressive behaviour is more common in boys.
5. A regressive tax structure is one in which the average tax rate falls as income level rises.
6. Indirect taxes are, as a group, regressive, though this is not the case for all indirect taxes.
7. I saw at first hand what a regressive prison regime does to prisoners.
8. It is reactionary and regressive to pretend that television does not exist.
9. This is a regressive income tax.
10. Here are the roots of the regressive trends in adolescence and in adult life.
11. Here, in the regressive, infantile wish for the perfect parent of early childhood lies the germ of the police state.
12. Critics point out that a sales tax is regressive, and supporters counter by suggesting that low-income taxpayers could get rebates.
13. Non-domestic rates are also regressive but various measures have sought to ease the burden.
14. John Gibson highlights the regressive aspects of recent local government financial reform, and predicts dire consequences for the urban poor.