• function, position assigned to a particular person or thing; character or part portrayed by an actor
• your role is your position and function in a situation or society.
• a role is one of the characters that an actor or singer plays in a film, play, or opera.
• sample for imitation, model to be emulated
• role play is the act of imitating the character and behaviour of a type of person who is very different from yourself. role play is usually used as a training exercise.
• playing parts, pretending to be on different sides of a conflict
• role-playing is the act of imitating the character and behaviour of a type of person who is very different from yourself, either deliberately, for example as a training exercise, or without knowing it.
role playing game
• game in which each player acts in the role of a particular character and invents situation and events without any pre-prepared script, rpg (also on the internet)
• short (often one-scene) appearance by a well-known actor in a film with lesser known actors
• main part, most important role; starring role in a play (or film, etc.)
• role of observer, being one who is not directly involved
played a role
• filled a role, played a part, acted the role of
• position in which one speaks for others
• second task, minor position
service support role ...