1. They have run out of ideas.
2. Fears that the world was about to run out of fuel proved groundless.
3. I have run out of patience with her.
4. I've run out of milk/money/ideas/patience.
5. Local authorities will run out of money part way through the financial year.
6. All the students run out of the classrooms as soon as the bell rings.
7. He's run out of excuses for not tidying his room.
8. That's done it. We've run out of petrol. We'll never be in time for the train now.
9. I've run out of milk - would you like some creamer instead?
10. My worst fear was that we would run out of food.
11. Teachers refused to run out of hours sports matches because they weren't being paid.
12. The team seemed to have run out of gas.
13. The peace talks seem to have run out of steam.
14. A few of the jeeps had run out of ammunition.