فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: saves, saving, saved
• (1) تعریف: to rescue from injury or danger.
• مترادف: deliver, help, rescue, salvage
• مشابه: extricate, free, liberate, release
- If the lifeguard had not jumped in to save her, the child would have drowned.
- His condition was critical, but the doctors were able to save him.
• (2) تعریف: to preserve or keep from harm.
• مترادف: guard, preserve, protect, safeguard
• متضاد: damn
• مشابه: conserve, deliver, help, secure, shield, spare
- Laws were passed to save these animals.
• (3) تعریف: to collect or reserve for future use.
• مترادف: put aside, reserve, store
• متضاد: consume, dissipate, expend, fritter, spend, squander
• مشابه: cache, collect, conserve, hoard, hold, keep, preserve, salvage, squirrel, stockpile, treasure, withhold
- I'll have half of the sandwich now and save the rest for later.
- They're saving money for their daughter's education.
- Save your strength now because you'll need it for the climb that's ahead.
- Could you save me a slice of cake?
• (4) تعریف: to prevent (something) from being used, carried out, or having to be done.
• مترادف: conserve, spare
• متضاد: expend, waste
• مشابه: economize, guard, husband, look after, maintain, preserve, protect, retain, safeguard, salvage
- Delivering the letter yourself will save a stamp.
- Buying more now will save a trip to the store later.
- Keeping up with the assignments in the course should save cramming for the exam.
- I'll explain it to her in Italian, and that will save his trying to explain it to her in English.
• (5) تعریف: in theology, to deliver from sin and its consequences.
• مترادف: redeem
• متضاد: damn
• مشابه: absolve, deliver, rescue
- If he repents, he will be saved.
• (6) تعریف: in computing, to copy and transfer (data) from a temporary working area of a computer to the computer's hard drive.
- I hope they remembered to save the changes they made to the document before closing it.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
• (1) تعریف: to put money away for reserve.
• متضاد: invest, spend
• مشابه: deposit, put aside, stock
- She's saving for college.
• (2) تعریف: to spend little money; be frugal; economize.
• مترادف: economize, pinch pennies, retrench, scrape, scrimp
• متضاد: dissipate
• مشابه: conserve
- You need to save now and stop spending money on unnecessary things.
اسم ( noun )
مشتقات: savable (saveable) (adj.), saver (n.)
• (1) تعریف: the goalkeeper's turning away a shot on the goal, esp. in hockey or soccer.
- We would have lost if it hadn't been for that brilliant save.
• (2) تعریف: in baseball, a relief pitcher's preserving a victory over the opposing team.
- The relief pitcher earned a save in the last game.
حرف اضافه ( preposition )
• : تعریف: with the exception of.
• مترادف: but, except, outside of
• مشابه: barring, excepting
- All the passengers died save one.
حرف ربط ( conjunction )
• : تعریف: except.
• مترادف: but, except
- I would help, save that it's too late now.