1. What time will we have to set off for the station tomorrow?
2. The sun was already up when they set off.
3. We ate a hearty breakfast before we set off.
4. People set off fireworks and tooted their car horns.
5. He proposed to set off immediately.
6. I set off for a new adventure in the United States on the first day of the new year.
7. 'Ready?' She nodded at me and we set off.
8. They set off at once along the lane in pursuit.
9. The explorers set off to conquer new territories.
10. Without more/much/further ado, we set off.
11. He climbed onto his horse and set off at a relaxed trot down the lane.
12. They set off with the wind at their backs .
13. Finally, the great expedition set off for the long journey to the Holy Land.
14. The slightest touch will set off the alarm.
15. The crisis has set off a wave of nationalist feelings in Quebec.