1. He stamped his feet to shake off the snow from his boots.
2. These countries are trying to shake off the stultifying effects of several decades of state control.
3. Businessmen are trying to shake off habits learned under six decades of a protected economy.
4. Outside investment has helped Sheridan to shake off its image as a depressed industrial town.
5. I hope I can shake off this cold before the weekend.
6. We managed to shake off our pursuers in the crowd.
7. Science museums have tried to shake off their somewhat starchy image by mounting exhibitions designed to draw in the crowds.
8. I found it difficult to shake off a sense of social inferiority.
9. My cold's better, but I can't seem to shake off this cough.
10. She has failed to shake off her stomach injury.
11. The press, once heavily censored, has managed to shake off its shackles.
12. We managed to shake off the photographers.
13. Gerrard will play if he can shake off a slight thigh strain.
14. Shake off any excess flour before putting livers in the pan.
15. I can't seem to shake off this cold.