• act of sharing, dividing and apportioning; joint ownership
• ability to allow several computers to access the same file at the same time
• job sharing is the arrangement by which two people work part-time at the same job, for example one person working in the morning and the other in the afternoon.
• division of forces; of the division of forces
• power-sharing is a system in which people who would not normally take part in activities such as the government of their country or the management of their factory are allowed to do so.
• ability of a computer to allow the printer connected to it to print according to requests from across a network
• sharing of profits between employer and employees
• profit-sharing is a system by which all the people who work in a company have a share in its profits.
• technique of working in which a computer is shared between several people at once and each person is allowed a certain amount of time to use the computer
• time sharing is an arrangement in which different people each buy a share in a cottage or flat. each person has the right to use that accommodation for a specific amount of time each year for their holidays.
• time sharing is also a system by which many different people can use the same computer at the same time.