ادغام ( contraction )
• : تعریف: contracted form of "she had". ; contracted form of "she would".
اسم ( noun )
• : تعریف: a simple, usu. one-story structure used for storage or shelter, or as a workshop, and either free-standing or attached to another building.
- The garden tools are in the shed out back.
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: sheds, shedding, shed
• (1) تعریف: to cast off, take off, or let fall (a covering or growth).
• مشابه: discard, discharge, doff, exfoliate, exude, flake, issue, molt, peel, remove, slough, spill, strip, throw
- He shed his shirt and trousers and jumped in the lake.
- The maple sheds its leaves in autumn.
• (2) تعریف: to let (a fluid) flow out.
• مشابه: stream
- Much blood was shed in the battle.
- She shed tears of joy at the sight of her son.
• (3) تعریف: to send forth or give off.
• مترادف: cast, throw
• مشابه: emanate, emit, project, radiate
- The lamp sheds light on the desk.
• (4) تعریف: to be impervious to (usu. a fluid); repel.
• مترادف: repel
• مشابه: rebuff, repulse, resist, withstand
- The coat of wax sheds water.
• (5) تعریف: to discard or get rid of.
• مترادف: discard, dispose of, doff, slough
• مشابه: deep-six, drop, dump, eliminate, jettison, purge, scrap
- She has shed most of her old friends.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
عبارات: shed blood
• (1) تعریف: to cast off or let fall a natural covering or growth such as old skin, fur, or leaves.
• مترادف: exfoliate
• مشابه: exuviate, flake, molt, peel, slough
- Our cat sheds a lot in the spring.
• (2) تعریف: to drop off or fall out.
- The leaves have already begun to shed.
- The dog's fur is shedding.