• small retail store; studio; workshop, room or building in which skilled manual work is done; business, office; room in a school equipped to train students in the industrial arts
• visit a store and purchase goods; browse in a store; inform on, betray (british slang)
• a shop is a building or part of a building where things are sold.
• when you shop, you go to shops and buy things.
• a shop is also a place where a particular kind of thing is made.
• see also shopping.
• if you shop around, you go to different shops and compare prices and quality before buying something.
• salesclerk, salesperson, one who sells merchandise in a store
• a shop assistant is a person who works in a shop selling things to customers.
• salesclerk, man who sells merchandise in a store
• the shop floor refers to all the workers in a factory, especially in contrast to the management.
• storefront, part of a store that faces the street
• a shop front is the outside part of a shop which faces the street, including the door and windows.
• working hours of a store
• stealing from a store, kleptomania
• shop-soiled goods are slightly dirty or damaged, and are therefore sold at a lower price.
• workers' representative
• a shop steward is a trade union member who has been elected to represent other members.
• display window of a store
adult shop• c ...