1. Other vessels in the area show up on the ship's radar .
2. Hang the picture somewhere where it will show up to advantage.
3. 'He probably won't show up. ' 'Don't be so negative. '
4. He was liable to just show up without warning.
5. Use a light colour which will show up on a dark background.
6. Scientists know that cancer may not show up for many years.
7. There's no telling who is going to show up tonight.
8. The drug does not show up in blood tests because it is effective in very small quantities.
9. It was decent of you to show up today.
10. The fingertips on the glass show up in the sunlight.
11. We had 200 people show up for our seminar.
12. You could wait till Doomsday and he'd never show up.
13. The silver inlays show up as pale areas because they are denser than brass to X-rays.
14. He might show up later, but I doubt it.
15. More generally, water will show up from a distance by catching and reflecting light from the sky.