• unconscious state entered into by the body for the purpose of rest and rejuvenation (in humans and animals); period of rest; inactive state; repose of death; closing of leaves and petals at night
• be in a state of sleep, fall asleep, slumber; enter into or be in a state that resembles sleep; be inattentive, be inactive; accommodate, provide with a place to sleep; be in the repose of death
• sleep is the natural state of rest in which your eyes are closed and your mind and body are inactive and unconscious.
• when you sleep, you rest in a state of sleep.
• a sleep is a period of sleeping.
• if a house sleeps a particular number of people, it has beds for that number.
• to sleep rough: see rough.
• see also slept.
• if a part of your body goes to sleep, you lose the sense of feeling in it.
• if a sick or injured animal is put to sleep, it is painlessly killed.
• if someone sleeps around, they have many different sexual relationships within a short time; an informal expression, used showing disapproval.
• if you sleep off the effects of too much food or alcohol, you recover from them by sleeping.
• if you sleep through a noise or disturbance, it does not wake you up.
• if two people sleep together, they have a sexual relationship; used especially when they are not married to each other.
• if you sleep with someone, you have a sexual relationship with them, especially when you are not married to them.
• have sex with multiple partners, be sexually promiscuous (slang)
• pass time sleeping
• condition of chronically disturbed sleep, abnormal sleeping patterns, constant problem regarding sleeping
sleep in• sleep at one's workplace; sleep later than usual ...