• (10th century bc) king of israel who was renowned for his wisdom, son of king david (biblical); male first name; family name
solomon ibn gabirol
• spanish-born jewish philosopher and poet (1020-1057)
• group of islands in the pacific ocean
• the solomon islands is a country in the south-west pacific. it consists of several hundred islands, including guadalcanal, malaita, new georgia, san cristobal (now called makira), santa isabel and choiseul. the islands became a british colony in the 19th century. they were occupied in part by japan from 1942 to 1943 and became independent in 1978. francis billy hilly, of the national coalition partners, was elected prime minister in 1993. it is a member of the commonwealth. fish and timber are exported.
solomon r guggenheim museum
• modern art museum established in new york city by the philanthropist solomon r. guggenheim
• sholem aleichem (1859-1916), russian-born yiddish humorist, writer of novels plays and short stories (some of which formed the basis for the musical "fiddler on the roof")
elijah ben solomon
• gaon of vilna (1720-1797), one of the prominent jewish spiritual leaders and scholar during the 18th century, one of the opposers to hasidism
• king of israel, son of king david, builder of the temple in jerusalem
• israeli mission carried out in 1991 in which over 14000 ethiopian jews were brought to israel in an airlift rescue
song of solomon• song of songs, one of the books of the bible (attributed to king solomon) ...