• popularly elected legislative assembly (in the former soviet union)
• of or pertaining to the former union of soviet socialist republics; of or pertaining to a soviet, of a popularly elected legislative assembly
• soviet is used to describe something that belonged or related to the former soviet union, or to its people.
• the soviets were people who came from the former soviet union.
• a soviet was an elected local, regional, or national council in the former soviet union.
soviet combat doctrine
• policy of battle that was developed by the soviet army and provided to arab armies
• astronaut from the soviet union, space traveler from the soviet union
• soviet union, former ussr
• soviet russia, former ussr
• see union of soviet socialist republics.
• bicameral legislature of the soviet union