• treatment of diseases and injuries by medical operation; operation performed by a surgeon; room in which surgical operations are performed
• surgery is medical treatment which involves cutting open a person's body in order to repair or remove a diseased or damaged part.
• a surgery is the room or house where a doctor or dentist works.
• a doctor's surgery is also the period of time each day when he or she sees patients at the surgery.
• see also plastic surgery.
surgery under anaesthesia
• operation that is performed while the patient is asleep
• section in a hospital that deals with operations
american academy of cosmetic surgery
• aacs, american based institute of cosmetic surgery studies
bachelor of surgery
• holder of the first academic degree in surgery
• surgery which creates an alternative route for blood to flow
• plastic surgery, surgery dealing with the repair of deformed or destroyed parts of the body or the refinement of existing body features (i.e. face lift)
• cosmetic surgery is surgery which is done to people in order to make them look more attractive.
• operation performed on one's teeth; branch of surgical medicine relating to dentistry
doctor of dental surgery
• dds, dentist, doctor that treats people's teeth
• surgery in which an endoscope is used to examine the interior of hollow organs
• surgical operation involving a great amount of entry into the body, risky operation
mohs micrographic surgery
• technique developed in 1956 by frederic mohs for surgically removing skin cancer while saving as much healthy tissue as possible
open heart surgery
• operation during which the patient's heart lies exposed
• surgery dealing with the repair of deformed or destroyed parts of the body or the refinement of existing body features (i.e. face-lift, liposuction)
• plastic surgery is the practice of performing operations to repair damaged skin, or to improve people's appearance by changing their features.
slated for surgery
• scheduled for a medical operation
• chest surgery, operation on the chest
• operation which involves replacing a body part
tubal ligation surgery
• surgical operation to block the fallopian tubes in a woman to permanently prevent pregnancy
• have an operation done