فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: tempts, tempting, tempted
مشتقات: temptable (adj.)
• (1) تعریف: to entice or try to entice (someone) to do something unwise or wrong, as by promising pleasure or reward.
• مترادف: allure, entice, lure, seduce
• متضاد: deter, discourage
• مشابه: attract, bait, bewitch, charm, fascinate, invite, solicit, spellbind, tantalize, titillate
- His friends tempted him to skip class with them, but he refused.
- Please don't tempt me with your delicious desserts!
• (2) تعریف: to be attractive or strongly appealing to.
• مترادف: appeal to, attract, beckon
• متضاد: repel
• مشابه: allure, call, draw, enchant, entice, excite, invite, lure
- The idea of a swim right now tempts me.
• (3) تعریف: to provoke or put to the test.
• مترادف: ask for, court, invite, risk
• مشابه: bait, flirt with, incite, provoke
- Such recklessness tempts fate.
• (4) تعریف: to cause to be strongly inclined or disposed.
• مترادف: motivate, move
• مشابه: dispose, goad, incline, inspire, prick, prod, prompt
- I was tempted to reply to their rudeness.