صفت ( adjective )
• (1) تعریف: comprising or including the whole; entire; full.
• مترادف: complete, entire, whole
• متضاد: limited, partial
• مشابه: aggregate, all, comprehensive, full, gross, inclusive, overall, radical
- I paid the total amount that I owed.
- The total number of points scored was six.
• (2) تعریف: absolute; utter; complete.
• مترادف: complete, downright, outright, perfect, thorough, unqualified, utter
• مشابه: absolute, all, all-out, arrant, blank, broad, exclusive, out-and-out, plenary, plumb, positive, rank, stark, strict, unmitigated
- He thought he'd made a total fool of himself.
- The tiny community had lived in total isolation.
اسم ( noun )
• (1) تعریف: the aggregate; sum.
• مترادف: aggregate, amount, sum, sum total, tally, totality
• مشابه: all, complement, count, figure, whole
- We spent a total of ninety-five dollars at the restaurant.
- She inherited the total of all her uncle's possessions.
• (2) تعریف: the whole of a thing; entirety.
• مترادف: entirety, whole
• متضاد: part
• مشابه: all, amount, complement, gross, totality
- Did you understand the document in total?
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: totals, totaling, totaled
• (1) تعریف: to add up.
• مترادف: add up, tally, tot up
• مشابه: add, aggregate, calculate, compute, count, figure, sum
- She totaled each team's points.
• (2) تعریف: to amount to.
• مترادف: aggregate, make, number
• مشابه: amount to, come to, comprise, equal, reach
- The day's sales totaled only fifty dollars.
• (3) تعریف: to demolish completely.
• مترادف: demolish, destroy, ruin, wreck
• مشابه: crash, smash
- She totaled her car.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
• : تعریف: to add up; amount (often fol. by to).
• مشابه: add, add up, amount
- Your purchases total to twenty dollars.