• pertaining to or characteristic of the tropics (regions near the earth's equator between parallels of latitude marking the summer and winter solstices); hot; concerning a trope
• tropical means relating to or typical of the tropics.
• hot and humid weather, weather typical of regions near the equator
• diseases that are typical of tropical areas (i.e. malaria)
• small brightly colored fish found in warm tropical waters and often kept in aquariums
• fruits that are characteristic of tropical areas (i.e. pineapples, bananas, etc.)
tropical rain forest
• jungle, primeval forest, thicket
• sub-tropical describes things relating to the areas of the world that lie between the tropical and temperate regions.