1. I could hear the sound of a band tuning up.
2. All the musical instruments had been tuned up before the concert began.
3. After the orchestra had tuned up(sentence dictionary), the conductor walked on to the stage.
4. They tuned up and sang a song.
5. The orchestra were beginning to tune up.
6. Before he began to play, Harry tuned up his banjo.
7. The band were tuning up their guitars.
8. We should have our car tuned up before starting on our trip.
9. The instruments should be tuned up before each performance.
10. The orchestra was tuning up as we entered the hall.
11. He began to tune up his violin.
12. The orchestra were tuning up as we entered the hall.
13. They are tuning up a plane on the flight line.
14. Others were quietly tuning up their instruments.
15. She tuned up her piano.