• void, emptiness, vacuity; space that is empty of matter; electrical device which cleans surfaces by creating air suction
• clean with a vacuum cleaner, operate a device for cleaning carpets and floors by air suction
• a vacuum is a space that contains no air or other gas.
• if someone or something creates a vacuum, they leave a place or position which then needs to be filled by someone or something else.
• if you vacuum something, you clean it using a vacuum cleaner.
• device used for cleaning which sucks in dirt by creating a vacuum
• a vacuum cleaner is an electric machine which sucks up dust and dirt from carpets.
• a vacuum flask is a container which is used to keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold. a vacuum flask has two thin silvery glass walls with a vacuum between them.
• sterilized, sanitized, has not been touched
• food that is vacuum-packed is packed in a container or packet from which most of the air has been removed, in order to keep the food fresh.
• device used for generating a void by drawing in air
• cathode ray tube that emits electron rays
fill a vacuum
• fill up an empty space
leave a vacuum
• leave behind a void, leave a cavity
• vacuum above the column of a barometer (named after the 17th century italian physicist evangelista torricellian)