1. Endothelin- the most potent vasoconstrictor and vasopressor never seen before, is a peptide of 2amino acids produced by cardiac myocytes and vascular endothelial cells.
2. An adrenergic drug, C9H13NO that is a powerful vasoconstrictor and is used to relieve nasal congestion, dilate the pupils, and maintain blood pressure during anesthesia.
3. Various mechanisms have been reported, including vasoconstrictor substances, pharmacologic stimuli, and neurohumoral effects.
4. It is most commonly used as a nasal vasoconstrictor and an appetite depressant.
5. Conclusion 5-HT could potentiate the intrapulmonary vasoconstrictor response to NA.
6. Stress is a vasoconstrictor.
7. Discussion Endothelin-1 has become a major research topic since its discovery and characterisation as a potent vasoconstrictor.
8. ACE inhibitors work by inhibiting the conversion of angiotensin I to the potent vasoconstrictor, angiotensin II, thereby improving blood flow and blood pressure.
9. Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) catalyzes the conversion of angiotensin I to potent vasoconstrictor angiotensin II and plays an important physiological role in the regulation of blood pressure.
10. Conclusion: Optimized strategy of fluid management reduces the requirement of vasoconstrictor during off - pump coronary bypass.
11. Several drugs currently used in the treatment of essential hypertension act by inhibiting sympathetic vasoconstrictor tone.
12. Endothelin ( ET ) is a recently discovered potent vasoconstrictor peptide exerting effects through combination with its receptor.