1. Most coughs are viral in origin .
2. A viral illness left her barely able to walk.
3. The continuing search for drugs to combat viral infections presents medicine with one of its greatest challenges in the twenty-first century.
4. Pneumonia tends to be caused by streptococcal or viral infection.
5. He is suffering from viral meningitis.
6. You can reach more potential customers by using viral marketing techniques.
7. Loss of viral replication by interferon can lead to a substantial regression of liver disease and probably prolonged survival.
8. Human bathers, too, risk viral hepatitis, skin reactions and oral thrush.
9. Most patients were experiencing a large drop in viral load.
10. Antibiotics are useless against viral infections such as influenza.
11. Flu is a viral infection which can make even the fittest person feel quite ill.
12. Biotechnology can enable the early detection of some viral infections.
13. A viral inflammation of the vestibular nerve is the suspected cause.
14. Once viral genes have become integrated into chromosomes their activity is usually altered or totally suppressed.