اسم ( noun )
عبارات: ace in the hole
• (1) تعریف: a playing card or die face that bears only one spot.
• مشابه: trump
- My ace beats your queen.
• (2) تعریف: a person who is highly skilled in a particular field; expert.
• مترادف: expert, maestro, master, master hand, maven, pro, professional, standout, star, virtuoso, whiz
• متضاد: amateur
• مشابه: authority, black belt, champion, connoisseur, genius, mastermind, number one, old hand, past master, prodigy, shark, talent, veteran, wizard
- She's an ace at tennis.
• (3) تعریف: in tennis, a winning serve that is out of the opponent's reach.
• مشابه: winner
- He served another ace to win the game.
• (4) تعریف: a pilot who has downed a specified number of military aircraft.
- Their side lost one of its aces in the dogfight that ensued.
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: aces, acing, aced
• (1) تعریف: to outdo or gain an advantage over (often fol. by "out").
• مترادف: beat, excel, outdo, outmatch, overtop, surpass, trump
• مشابه: best, defeat, exceed, one-up, outclass, outsmart, overcome, rout, upstage
- I aced him out for the promotion.
• (2) تعریف: to get a grade of A on or in.
• مشابه: excel in, score on
- He aced his history course.
صفت ( adjective )
• : تعریف: excellent; outstanding.
• مترادف: accomplished, adept, classic, excellent, exceptional, expert, fine, first-class, first-rate, matchless, nonpareil, outstanding, standout, sterling, superior, superlative, tiptop, top, topnotch
• متضاد: mediocre
• مشابه: admirable, capital, choice, masterful, notable, perfect, pro, proficient, select, skillful, supreme
- He's an ace mechanic, and I trust his opinion.