فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: bids, bidding, bade, bid, bidden
• (1) تعریف: to say to.
• مترادف: say to, tell, wish
• مشابه: greet
- He bid her good morning.
• (2) تعریف: to direct; command.
• مترادف: command, direct, enjoin, instruct, order, require, tell
• مشابه: adjure, ask, charge, demand, dictate, insist, summon
- The captain bids you to carry out these instructions.
- His formidable aunt bade him enter the room.
• (3) تعریف: to offer (a price).
• مترادف: offer, proffer, propose, submit, suggest, tender
• مشابه: advance, extend, pay
- He bid two hundred dollars for the antique vase.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
• (1) تعریف: to direct; ask.
• مترادف: ask, direct, order, request
• مشابه: command, demand, dictate, prescribe
- Please do as I bid.
• (2) تعریف: to put out an offer to buy something at a certain price or to do a job for a certain price.
• مشابه: offer, propose
- Only a few people bid on that silver tea set.
- Do you ever bid at auctions?
- Many contractors were anxious to bid on the proposed housing project.
اسم ( noun )
مشتقات: bidder (n.)
• (1) تعریف: an offer to buy something at a certain price or to do a job for a certain price.
• مترادف: offer, offering, proffer
• مشابه: proposal, proposition, submission
- Their bid was too low for such a valuable work of art.
- Another couple has also placed a bid on the house.
- The town council accepted their company's bid to build the new recreation center.
• (2) تعریف: (informal) an invitation.
• مترادف: invitation, offer, request
• مشابه: petition, proposal, solicitation
- He received a bid to join the association.
• (3) تعریف: a serious attempt to attain something.
• مترادف: attempt, try
• مشابه: aim, crack, effort, endeavor, offer
- They're both making a bid for the chairmanship.