• purchase; something purchased at a cheap price
• purchase, obtain by paying money
• if you buy something, you obtain it by paying money for it.
• if you say that something is a good buy, you mean that it is of good quality and can be bought cheaply.
• see also bought.
• when someone buys into a business or organization, they buy part of it, often in order to gain some control over it.
• if you buy someone off, you give them money or something else to stop them acting against you.
• if you buy someone out, you buy their share of something that you previously owned together.
• if you buy up land or property, you buy large quantities of it, or all of it that is available.
buy a pig in a poke
• buy something without been seen in advance
• purchase at a very low price
buy cheap and sell dear
• sell at a profit, by for a low price and resell at a high price (business)
• purchase a supply of (something); purchase something that provides membership or participation to a group (buy into a company, etc.)
buy me a drink
• purchase a beverage for me
buy on margin
• buy stocks on credit with the intention to repay the loan in the future as the stock value rises (common practice during the 1920s, lead to major financial crises after the stock market crash)
buy one get one free
• purchase one item and receive the second one for free
buy out• pay in return for forfeiting rights, buy the legal rights
• a buy-out is the purchase of a company, especially ...