• section of forest which is free of trees; removal; cleaning, washing; clarification, elucidation
• a clearing is a small area of grass or bare ground in a wood.
• business in which securities can be deposited for safekeeping
• in britain, a clearing bank is a bank that uses the central clearing house in london in all its dealings with other banks.
• institution maintained by banks where accounts and mutual claims are settled
• a clearing house is an organization which collects, sorts, and distributes information.
• a clearing house is also a central bank which deals with all the transactions between the banks that use its services.
• member of a financial clearinghouse, one who carries out securities trades and other financial transactions for customers (finance)
clearing one's head
• taking a break in order to rest and regroup
clearing one's throat
• making a rasping noise in order to or as if to clear the throat of phlegm
• leaving, departing; driving out, removal; clearance, emptying
• list which specifies the rate at which funds are returned