اسم ( noun )
عبارات: out of date, up to date
• (1) تعریف: a specific day or point in time, usu. described by indicating the month, day, and year.
• مشابه: day, time
- The date of his birth was April 1, 1988.
- Do you know what happened on this date in history?
• (2) تعریف: the time period that surrounds something.
• مشابه: age, day, epoch, era, period, time
- Wooden toys of this date are rare and highly valued.
• (3) تعریف: a scheduled appointment.
- I have a date with my son's teacher tomorrow to talk about his falling grades.
- Let's make a date to have coffee next week.
- I can't make it tomorrow because I have an important lunch date.
• (4) تعریف: an appointment to meet for a social event with a person with whom one has a romantic interest.
• مشابه: appointment, assignation, engagement, meeting, rendezvous, tryst
- I like him, but I haven't gone out on a date with him yet.
- Are you going to ask her for a date?
• (5) تعریف: a person who accompanies one to a social event, esp. a person of the opposite sex.
- Aren't you going to introduce me to your date?
- Everyone is expected to bring a date to the party.
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: dates, dating, dated
• (1) تعریف: to write or print the date on (a letter or other document).
- Date your letter near the top of the page on the right.
- Don't forget to date your check.
• (2) تعریف: to determine the date of (a document, artifact, or the like).
• مشابه: carbon-date
- The scientists dated the ancient pieces of pottery using new techniques.
• (3) تعریف: to have a romantic or potentially romantic social engagement or engagements with.
• مشابه: court, escort, see
- How long have you been dating her?
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
مشتقات: datable (dateable) (adj.), dater (n.)
• (1) تعریف: to be of a specific time.
• مشابه: belong to, come from, originate
- This antique clock dates from the 1860s.
• (2) تعریف: to lose currency or fashion.
• مترادف: obsolesce
- These fashions have dated and are rarely seen now.
• (3) تعریف: to have romantic or potentially romantic social engagements.
• مشابه: romance
- Two years after his wife died, he slowly began to date again.
- He thinks his daughter is too young to date.
- I didn't know you two were dating!
اسم ( noun )
• : تعریف: the edible fruit of the date palm tree of the Middle East.