• period between sunrise and sunset; period of 24 hours
• pertaining to the period between sunrise and sunset
• a day is one of the seven twenty-four hour periods of time in a week.
• day is the part of a day when it is light.
• you can refer to a period in history as a particular day.
• if you call it a day, you stop what you are doing altogether or you leave it to be finished later.
• if something happens day and night or night and day, it happens all the time without stopping.
• if something makes your day, it makes you feel very happy; an informal expression.
• one day, some day, or one of these days means at some future time.
• if it is a year to the day since something happened, it happened exactly a year ago.
day after day
• every day, each day
day after day and year after year
• endlessly, without pause
day after pill
• medication that a woman can take in order to prevent pregnancy after having unprotected sex
day after tomorrow
• day that follows tomorrow
day and date
• day month and year according to the calendar
day and night
• morning noon and night, all day
• couch or sofa that can be converted into a bed
day before yesterday
• day that preceded yesterday
• hemeralopia, eye condition in which vision is good only at night or when the light is dim
• charge sheet; record of events which are written daily in a police station; journal
day boy ...