1. Vitamins can be applied externally to the skin.
2. There must be externally moderated tests.
3. The building has been restored externally and internally.
4. The course is externally examined.
5. This medicine is to be applied externally.
6. Externally, she appeared calm, but inside she was furious.
7. The job should be advertised internally and externally.
8. The university has many externally funded research projects.
9. Externally imposed short-term alterations of this kind in the assessment of GRE clearly undermine prudent housekeeping by local government.
10. Despite this, externally borrowed funds are used to supplement domestic funds made available to finance their development by the government.
11. The earlier belief that rules are permanent and externally imposed by an authority is no longer present.
12. Standards were set within the firm rather than externally and so organisations were essentially static rather than dynamic.
13. Externally, it is little altered, the mill house and mill now forming an elegant dwelling and farm.
14. Externally, the church is a simple and dignified brick structure, its lack of decoration suggesting a very early constructional date.
15. Externally it is very grand, its grandness enhanced by the off-setting of its constituent blocks.