• day of celebration; day when one does not work; vacation
• a holiday is a period of time spent away from home for relaxation.
• a holiday is also a period of time during which you are not working.
• a holiday camp is a place which provides holiday accommodation and entertainment for large numbers of people.
• evening before a holiday
• worldwide network of hotels and resorts
• vacationer, person on holiday
holiday of weeks
• jewish holiday of shavuot
• vacation resort, recreation center for those on vacation
• period of time containing at least two holidays
• public holiday on which banks are closed
• a bank holiday is a public holiday.
• (1915-1959, born eleanor harris) african-american female jazz singer who performed with many famous musicians (such as count basie and benny goodman)
• if you have a holiday, but spend it doing something similar to your usual work, you can refer to it as a busman's holiday.
• celebration marking an occurrence significant to christianity (christmas, easter, etc.)
• vacation which occurs during the christmas and new year season
eve of a holiday
• night before a holiday
going on holiday
• taking vacation, taking time off, taking leave
• half a day off work (for a holiday)
• holiday observed by muslims
on the eve of the holiday
• during the evening before the holiday itself; during the first evening of the holiday; during the days before the holiday
out on holiday
• on vacation, left on a trip
• a package holiday or a package tour is a holiday arranged by a travel company in which your travel and accommodation are booked for you.
• official state holiday
• a public holiday is a day which is a holiday for everyone in the whole of a particular country.
• muslim holy month observed by daily fasting
• summer break, vacation taken during the summer months
• go on a vacation, take a vacation
went on holiday
• took a vacation