• day of celebration; day when one does not work; vacation
• a holiday is a period of time spent away from home for relaxation.
• a holiday is also a period of time during which you are not working.
• a holiday camp is a place which provides holiday accommodation and entertainment for large numbers of people.
• evening before a holiday
• worldwide network of hotels and resorts
• vacationer, person on holiday
holiday of weeks
• jewish holiday of shavuot
• vacation resort, recreation center for those on vacation
• period of time containing at least two holidays
• public holiday on which banks are closed
• a bank holiday is a public holiday.
• (1915-1959, born eleanor harris) african-american female jazz singer who performed with many famous musicians (such as count basie and benny goodman)
• if you have a holiday, but spend it doing something similar to your usual work, you can refer to it as a busman's holiday.
• celebration marking an occurrence significant to christianity (christmas, easter, etc.)
• vacation which occurs during the christmas and new year season
eve of a holiday
• night before a holiday going on h ...