• person or thing that holds; owner, occupier, possessor
• a holder is a container for putting objects in or keeping them in position.
• a holder is also someone who owns, controls, or has something.
holder in due course
• person that holds a promissory note that was legally transferred to him
holder of bill
• one who holds a payment pledge
• apparatus that holds bills; one who holds a bill
butterfly record holder
• one holding the world record for a butterfly stroke swimming event
• object with an open top into which candles are inserted and held in place
• one who possesses a card (as a credit card); member, subscriber
• device into which a cigarette is placed and smoked
• a cigarette holder is a narrow tube that you can put a cigarette into in order to hold it while you smoke it.
• person who occupies a position, person who occupies an office
• an office-holder is a person who has an important official position in an organization; a formal word.
• if you describe someone as a passport-holder of a particular country, you mean that they have the nationality of that country.
• person who holds and insurance policy
• one who has attained the greatest known performance of something
soap holder• soap box, container for soap, shelf f ...