• sacred place, sanctuary; saintly person; something sacred
• sacred, consecrated; divine; devoted to the service of god or religion; saintly, godly
• something that is holy relates to god or to a particular religion.
• someone who is holy is religious and leads a pure and good life.
• chest that represented the presence of god and which was carried by the israelites during their desert wanderings and later placed in the temple; repository for the torah scrolls in a synagogue
• holy scriptures of judaism, old testament; sacred book of christianity, old and new testaments
• collection of holy writings
• christian ceremony commemorating the last supper of jesus and his disciples
• holy communion is the most important religious service in the christian church, in which people share bread and wine as a symbol of the last supper and the crucifixion of christ.
• entire jewish community, jewish people as a whole; jewish community in the diaspora, jewish people in foreign lands
• agreement between god and the jewish people in which god promises to make them a great nation in return for obeying his laws
• wow! , no kidding! (used to express surprise or amazement)
• the holy father is the pope.
• eternal flame, flame or light continually kept burning over the ark in a synagogue
holy ghost ...