• device which is a source of artificial light; device which emits heat; someone or something which is a source of inspiration
• a lamp is a light that works by using electricity or by burning oil or gas.
• a lamp-post is a tall metal or concrete pole beside a road with a light at the top.
• small magic lamp which contained a genie who could grant the wish of the one who possessed the lamp (from the stories of "arabian nights")
• danger signal
• electric light in which a current flows across a space between two electrodes producing an arc shaped light
• small gas burner used in laboratory experiments
• electric bulb used to regulate a mechanism, lamp used to regulate a mechanism
• light or lamp powered by electricity
• lamp that stands on the floor
• glass tube coated on the inside with a fluorescent substance that gives off light
• a fog lamp or a fog light is a special, powerful light on a car or other vehicle which you use when you are driving in fog.
• incandescent electric lamp
• incandescent lamp which contains a small amount of halogen
• a hurricane lamp is a paraffin lamp in which the flame is specially protected by glass. ...