1. In order for a planet to possess a magnetosphere it need not have an internal magnetic dipole moment.
2. However, the net energy transfer between the magnetosphere and the upper atmosphere is downwards.
3. The magnetosphere did not show a missing S Pole, and no significant quakes ensued.
4. Saturn's magnetosphere —the region dominated by the planet's magnetic field—is much quieter than Jupiter's, which causes radio noise that is easily detectable from Earth.
5. This animation shows a conceptual sketch of Mercury's magnetosphere at the time of the MESSENGER flyby.
6. A three - dimensional model of the pulsar magnetosphere by Prof K . S . Cheng of HKU.
7. The earth's magnetosphere is at once protective and dangerous.
8. We use a three dimensional pulsar magnetosphere model to study the geometry of outer magnetospheric gaps.
9. Cosmic-rays can also eject atoms, ions and electrons from matter in the magnetosphere.
10. However, if a cosmic-ray particle collides with matter inside the magnetosphere neutrons can be ejected from the atoms in the matter.
11. These studies help us to understand the coupling between magnetosphere and ionosphere, and complex natural phenomena such as the aurora.
12. Alternatively, it could be heated by energetic ions and electrons from the magnetosphere or by some unknown uv absorber.
13. The ionization is produced by solar uv radiation and by energetic ions and electrons from the magnetosphere.
14. Surface magnetization or an ionosphere can also provide a magnetosphere.