1. Come on, there's no need for all this melodrama.
2. The action slips from comedy to melodrama and finally to tragedy.
3. I love Victorian melodrama.
4. The movie is nothing but a drippy melodrama.
5. Her love of melodrama meant that any small problem became a crisis.
6. We really don't need all this ridiculous melodrama!
7. Instead of tragedy, we got melodrama.
8. The film is flawed by moments of melodrama and sentimentality.
9. A dark and empty passage mocked his melodrama.
10. Recounted with even a trace of melodrama, this story would read like a soap opera.
11. In theory, a star-driven period melodrama with top-notch production values should have been an attractive proposition for distributors.
12. He was behaving like a character in a Victorian melodrama.
13. The video was seven minutes of high camp and melodrama.
14. Penhaligon's story has all the ingredients of a Victorian melodrama.