• negation; negative word; refusal, denial; image from which a picture is obtained in which black and white colors appear reversed (photography)
• deny, veto; refute, disprove; negate; reject
• pessimistic, cynical, antagonistic; denying, contrary; of a quantity less than zero; having fewer protons than electrons (physics)
• negative is used to describe statements that mean `no'.
• if an answer is in the negative, it is `no'.
• if someone is negative or has a negative attitude, they consider only the bad aspects of a situation, rather than the good ones.
• if a medical or other scientific test is negative, it shows that something has not happened or is not present.
• a negative is the image that is first produced when you take a photograph.
• a negative number is less than zero.
• character or message sent by a receiving modem to a sending modem to indicate that a data packet has arrived incomplete and must be re-sent, nak (computers, telecommunications)
• advertisement (esp. a political advertisement) that does not promote the positive qualities of one person/product but rather attacks and exposes the faults of another person/product
• negative reply, answer that is not positive
• negative treatment, approach which is not positive
• downsides, unfavorable parts
• attitude which expresses denial or refusal, opposing relation
negative campaign• political campaign in which a candidate or party member does not promote his own positive qualities but rather attac ...