1. Paradoxically, the prohibition of liquor caused an increase in alcoholism.
2. Paradoxically, the less she ate, the fatter she got.
3. Perhaps paradoxically, the problem of loneliness is most acute in big cities.
4. The more experienced dealers guessed it might paradoxically refer to a disaster on the horizon, but kept their thoughts from clients.
5. But the commercial success paradoxically impoverished the peasantry.
6. The very nature of their mouths says so. paradoxically, however, surface feeding is part of their nature too.
7. And paradoxically, now Luke had gone, she felt more alone and more afraid than ever.
8. Paradoxically the ecological problems deriving from the application of artificial fertilizers are often equally complex and extensive.
9. Paradoxically, this move beyond the individual to the social has resulted in a much more pessimistic prognosis for disabled people.
10. Paradoxically, they also encourage a greater reliance on means-tested benefits, which are divorced from employment records.
11. Yet paradoxically, so did the prevalence of HIV infection.
12. Paradoxically, the other key to global food security lies at the opposite end of the technology scale.
13. Paradoxically, community councils are an insidious form of planning since they stem indirectly from the dominant ideology.
14. Paradoxically, that very thought reassured him.
15. Paradoxically, the other major beneficiary from apparent disillusion with the established parties was the far right Front national.