اسم ( noun )
• (1) تعریف: a utensil with a short handle and a long, deep, curved bowl, used to take up sugar, grain, or the like.
- She used a large scoop to feed the dog.
• (2) تعریف: a utensil with a thick handle and a small round bowl, used to serve ice cream or the like; ladle.
• مشابه: ladle
- In the cafeteria, the mashed potatoes are doled out with a scoop.
• (3) تعریف: the quantity of food or the like that fits in such utensils.
• مشابه: dip
- He added another scoop of coal.
- The child wanted two scoops of ice cream.
• (4) تعریف: an act of gathering or picking up with a scoop or similar implement, or with the hands and arms.
- With one scoop of her arms, the child gathered up her stuffed animals.
• (5) تعریف: a hollow indentation made with or as if with a scoop.
- The small scoops in the sand were still visible.
• (6) تعریف: a news item found and made known exclusively by one newspaper, television station, or the like.
• مشابه: exclusive
- Our reporters were in the area when the fire broke out and were able to get the scoop.
فعل گذرا ( transitive verb )
حالات: scoops, scooping, scooped
• (1) تعریف: to dig out, lift out, or move with or as if with a scoop.
• مشابه: dip, swoop
- Who will scoop the ice cream?
- Scoop the flour into a measuring cup.
• (2) تعریف: to remove the contents of with or as if with a scoop; empty.
• مشابه: excavate, hollow, lade, ladle
- He scooped the bowl of his pipe until it was clean.
• (3) تعریف: to gather in or pick up swiftly (often fol. by up).
- The grandmother scooped the baby into her arms.
- He scooped up the laundry that was scattered on the bed.
• (4) تعریف: to form (an indentation) with or as if with a scoop.
• مشابه: burrow, excavate, hole, hollow
- They scooped holes in the sand.
• (5) تعریف: to make a news item known before (a competitor).
- The village newspaper scooped the major dailies on that story.
فعل ناگذر ( intransitive verb )
• : تعریف: to take away or gather in something with or as if with a scoop.
• مشابه: excavate
- The bulldozers scooped until everything was cleared away.