1. It represented an extreme example of a theocracy - of a body politic organised essentially around religious principles.
2. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country.
3. The idea of theocracy of 'Power of King from God 'endowed the secular power with sanctitude and simultaneously the bondage which had never been given.
4. Humanistic artists opposed asceticism with humanism, opposed theocracy with human rights.
5. Even now quasi - theocracy dies hard.
6. Savonarola a kind of theocracy in Florence, a sort of Christian republic of virtue.
7. Taking a stand as a theologian and spokesman of theocracy, Thomas Aquinas argued on some important socioeconomic issues.
8. Knox tried to create as wide a base as possible for his theocracy.
9. As part of your writing about the Mayas, include a discussion of theocracy.
10. It is a crusade to recapture Jerusalem, nothing short of a call for a new theocracy.
11. The encroachment of the Eastern political economy into Utah in essence relegated the Mormon theocracy to the status of an internal colony.
12. With its inclination toward the secular affairs, Christianity developed an elaborate theory of theocracy.
13. Sadly, their release was delayed until the day of President Reagan's inauguration, proof that all leaders play politics, even in a theocracy.
14. Shangzhou was an important period for the formation and development of theocracy.