• external piece of bone in the mouth used to chew food; cleat, prong
• your teeth are the hard, white objects in your mouth that you use for biting and chewing.
• the teeth of something like a comb, saw, or zip are the hard parts that stick out in a row.
• if an official group or a law has teeth, it has power and will be able to enforce its decisions.
• if people fight tooth and nail for something, they fight in a very determined way.
• to grit your teeth: see grit.
tooth and nail
• in every way, by all means
• small brush with a handle used to clean one's teeth
• removal of a tooth from the gums
tooth for a tooth
• punishment as severe as the injury
• paste or powder for brushing one's teeth
• small sharp sticks to clean food remains from teeth
• tooth cleanser in the form of a powder
• indentation in the jaw that holds a tooth
• transfer of a healthy tooth to an area where a rotten tooth has been removed
• false tooth, dental implant resembling a real tooth made to fill the space of a missing tooth
• sharp pointed tooth located between the front teeth (incisors) and the molars, cuspid tooth, fang
crown a tooth
• put a dental crown on a tooth, put a protective covering on a tooth
extract a tooth
• remove a tooth, pull out a tooth
extracted a tooth
• pulled a tooth
eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth
• person's punishment should be equal to the wrong or crime which he committed (biblical)
• pointed tooth located in the upper jaw approximately under the eye
• your eye teeth are the two pointed teeth towards the front of your upper jaw.
• if you say that you would give your eye teeth for something, you mean that you want it very much and you would do anything to get it; an informal expression.
fill a tooth
• put a filling in a tooth, fill up a cavity in a tooth (with silver, cement, etc.)
have a sweet tooth
• love sweet foods and confections
• (dentistry) tooth which is in the interior part of the alveolus
• one of eight teeth at the front of the mouth that are specialized for cutting